FairladyZ / Z33 / 'japan premier'

FairladyZ / Z33 / 'japan premier'

Postby Admin » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:12 am

The lonely nissan...

ARC/ENDLESS/CARBONETIC Z33
Tuning Concept, Japan Premier

(FOR MORE INFO PLEASE SEE THE DEDICATED SITE : HTTP://WWW.FAIRLADYZ33.COM )

From the get go, the mission was to upgrade to parts with greater quality and control than OEM. With plenty of power on tap in stock form, I focused on chassis setup. The wheels were first addressed - Rays were first choice & a set of limited edition TE37 in Titanium Gunmetal were fitted.

For the exhaust I wanted something different. Titanium is where its at. Lightweight and exotic in tone. ARC single pipe Titan fitted. As with all ARC parts, they are hand made, top quality components from Japan. There aren't a lot around this side of the Pacific. ARC is without a doubt some of the most beautiful parts around. This particular ARC exhaust is fitted on a small number of cars in North America. Other ARC bits were soon fitted. Starting with the Ti. strut tower bar, catch can and complete air intake system. ARC over sized oil pan completed the goodies.

Enter ENDLESS. While calling around for Zeal suspension, I was offered a set of Endless 6 pot / 4 pot racing Big Brake System. The deal was too good to pass up. At just over 2000 miles on the clock, Z was getting full Endless Brakes and Zeal V6 Coilovers. ARC and Endless became the two companies that would be plastered anywhere Z would allow. Tuned with aftermarket headers from Strup and an ECU tune from AAM, there was an immediate gain in response power delivery. After the ECU tuning to the new parts; approx. 25whp & 30 lb./ft. of torque was gained. With an increase of 20whp up top. The midrange was phenomenal. Only matched in performance by the Central 20 ring and pinion swap to 3.917.

Update-

Endless CC-RG pads have been holding up in all regards. I will def. run another set when the time comes. With the ARC Oil Pan & Setrab Oil Cooler installed. Oil temps on the track are wonderful. Amsoil full synthetic has been used for the last 17,000 miles with good results.

Carbonetic twin with lightweight flywheel is being fitted soon. We are very happy to have partnered up with Carbonetic / Across USA.

Engine

* ARC Ti. Exhaust
* ARC Ti. Induction Box
* ARC Upper Intake Pipe
* ARC Oil Cap & Radiator Cap
* ARC Ti. Hood Panel
* ARC Oil Pan
* ARC Catch Can
* ARC Undertray
* ARC Water Pump Pulley (-5%)*
* AAM Ypipe & RT high flow cats
* AAM angled plenum spacer
* AAM/TechnoSq. ECU Flash
* Nismo Japan (Setrab) Oil Cooler
* Nismo Power Steering Cooler*
* Strup headers

Drivetrain

* Carbonetic Twin Plate Clutch
* Carbonetic Light Weight Flywheel
* Central 20 3.917 Final Drive

Wheel & Tire

* Volk TE37 Titanium Gunmetal (19x9.5, 19x10.5 +22)
* Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 (255/35, 295/30)

Brakes & Suspension

* Endless 6pot/racing 4(pot) brake kit
* Endless Teflon Coated SS lines
* Endless CC-RG
* Zeal Function V6 coilovers
* ARC Ti. Strut Tower Bar

Interior

* Blitz R-VIT
* Nissan JDM Window "Mesh" Tint

Exterior

* Nissan CF front lower finisher
* Nissan smoked side markers
* Nissan FairladyZ emblem
* Nissan 2006+ LED Tail Lights

Miscellaneous

* HyperRev Fairlady Z Vol. 2 & 3
* Zaino car care products
* Nissan Z logo cargo net
* Nissan Z logo trunk mat
* Nissan Z logo floor mats
* Boot Partition

* = on hand; not installed

To Do List:

* DRIVE THE DAMN CAR! ;)
* Install Nismo Power Steering Cooler
* Install ARC Water "Pomp" pulley
* Install Carbonetic Twin Plate Clutch and Light Weight Flywheel

Admin
Site Admin

Re: FairladyZ / Z33 / 'japan premier'

Postby Chris » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:08 pm

Volk TE37

When looking for wheels for the Z33. I had always planned on something from Ray's Engineering. A pure lightweight, forged racing wheel is what I had wanted. Enter, TE37.

Purchased in Limited Edition Titanium Gun Metal, I believe that they accent the rest of the car quite well. Weighing in at a little over 19lb each; they proved to be light as well as sexy.

ARC Titanium Exhaust

So what exhaust? Easy. ARC Titan. It's lighter (titanium, duh), sounds meaner and when burnt, matches the Daytona Blue very well.

Abbey Road Company is a prestigious Japanese company the specializes in improving in ways others don't. Their approach is not about just making power or looking good. But more about how to add to the vehicle. More a company that makes cooling and improvements to aero. ARC aims to protect environment and motoring culture.

Endless Brake Kit

I wanted something that wasn't seen everyday. And yet was the top of the industry. Introducing Endless.

The Brake kit is labeled a Saftey kit. :) That sure is a wonderful way to put it, eh? Approx. 2 full inches bigger than the standard rotors on the Z, this kit will obviously stop on a dime and make change.. but it will also ask you if you want fries with that.

These brakes have been one of the best things I've done to the car. In a track environment they are incredible. Matched with a true track pad like the Endless CC-RG / NE20's and you're going to be pulling extreme G while under braking. The pedal feel is superb, giving you the extra confidence needed when pushing the limit. When demonstrating recently, I commented on how well the brakes fit on the track. The gentleman looked back at me and said, "I just felt my teeth leave my face."

Zeal Function V6 Coilovers

After choosing the Endless brake kit. It only made sense to go with their own Zeal coilovers for suspension. I've enjoyed many different suspension in my life and this is right up there for me. The build quality is 2nd to none. They are a work of art. Comfortable enough for the street and taut enough for the track. The following is from Endless USA:

ZEAL Function-V6 Coilover

This steel-type, inverted-monotube type shock absorber is produced for specific vehicles with strut-type suspension. The shock absorber for this type of set up takes great abuse, thus side load attributes must be strengthened. An inverted monotube with a Friction-Loss Cylinder was developed for this matter. While using the Function Series' technology, we've produced the new Zeal model for high performance driving. The nitrogen gas camber is positioned higher up and farther away from the braking area creating less heat transfer and thus, less chance for overheating. Also, under-spring weight is now lighter enabling handling to become sharper, quicker, and more responsive. Our easy-to-read and use, 6-Way Piston Valve Shock (PVS) Dial mechanism adjusts the rebound/compression force with its Piston Valve Shock Technology, Level 1 being the softest and Level 6 being the stiffest. Dial can be turned either direction infinitely. Pillow Ball camber adjustable upper mounts for direct feel of suspension motion help to decrease piston rod tension. ID60 Basic Spring (Street or Hard rates) maintains stroke and ensures a "seated" fit with upper and lower portions processed to a flat cut. The Adjustable Shock-Stroke System is a separate, adjustable lower cup/bracket used for height adjustability which eliminates problem of sacrificing stroke and altering spring tension. Spin the mechanism over the threaded shock casing up to lower (and down to raise) vehicle height. All Zeal Function Series systems include this height-adjustable system.

Chris
El Presidente

Postby Chris » Mon May 03, 2010 2:34 am

time to follow up on the "to do list".. starting with Drive the Damn Car....
been a while since I gave it a nice wash and wax.. I think I'll clay bar it and polish it up with the orbital.
Chris
El Presidente

Postby Chris » Mon May 24, 2010 1:03 am

Happy to report I'm actually DRIVING THE DAMN CAR... My Z friends (and BR friends) know just how special that is! :mrgreen:

Still have a Nismo Power Steering cooler and ARC water pump pulley to install...

Nothing like pulling a car out of the garage with New tires, Endless pads (ne20) and shit loads of forgotten power.. This thing has freakish stopping power..
Chris
El Presidente

Postby SD.Norm » Thu May 27, 2010 4:32 am

I really do like what you have done with the Z. I don't think I have seen one that keeps stick appearance and is so mad at the same time.
"We are now shifting from 5th gear into top gear!"

Build Number #1135
SD.Norm
Auto-X

Postby Chris » Thu May 27, 2010 9:13 am

SD.Norm wrote:I really do like what you have done with the Z. I don't think I have seen one that keeps stick appearance and is so mad at the same time.

Thanks dude- Twas the nature of the build.;)

(The stock appearance (lack of body kit) is one of the reasons why I won the Z-Tech Battle of the Z's. And I was up against Twin Turbo monsters and NA beasts alike. ;) )

^ ah.. the good ol days..
Chris
El Presidente

Postby Chris » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:08 am

Z is getting more miles on it as of late..

I *may* install a intake duct into the bumper to promote more fresh air . I'll have to measure intake temps again, but I don't recall them being that much above ambient with the current setup.

Carbonetic twin plate clutch is on the shelf patiently waiting....
Chris
El Presidente

Postby jinxxycat » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:42 pm

:band: Whoo HOO you go! Wish I was getting more miles on MY Z! It's been about 8 weeks since I 'drove' it, I did get her up to the dealership for an oil change and inspection last week. Other than that, she's sitting under cover.... :|
ImageImage
jinxxycat
Z

Postby Chris » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:07 pm

hey mama!! :) Glad to hear from you. Let me know if and when you need to get out and stretch the Z legs.

ZdayZ next year? We should head back down and show them how OG's do it.
Chris
El Presidente

Postby jinxxycat » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:05 pm

I'm really thinking of going next year :) I think it's going to have to depend upon whether or not Doug thinks he can handle the boy for 4 or 5 days by himself! :lol:

I got Lucy out to stretch her legs today, was given a 'hall pass' to take a spin, the spin consisted of me driving 76 from Monroeville to the Irwin exit and back :) Hey, at least I got to blow the dust outta her anyhow LOL!
ImageImage
jinxxycat
Z

Next

Return to Car